Dominique Samuel is an award-winning Pro Makeup artist, Beauty Director, Consultant and Content Creator. He inspires creative thinking, develop & implement short and long-term visual/product strategies that enhance the brand’s success & growth. Dominique has Artist vision and the skillset to execute, he is aware of what is going on in the beauty world (retailers), knows how a collection is build and innovated and know how products find their way direct to consumer. a plus Dominique is comfortable in front of the camera as behind it. Brainstorming & Consulting
- Campaign and social photoshoots
- Collaborate with Global Brand & Marketing to ensure all Artistry & Color content supports and drives the Global Brand Vision and business objectives
- Creation and implementation of consistent Artistry Education Direction & content for Beauty Brands across Global markets
- Develop Education & Artistry Content including but not limited to:
- Artistry direction/lookbooks
- Tips/Techniques/Face Charts/Makeup Direction
- Produce video content around tips/techniques/artistry
- Deliver artistry at Train the Trainer, Artistry Summits & Digital Artistry Curriculums Global Artistry & PR
- Develop new content to support company initiatives while focusing on continual improvement of existing content based on the evolving needs of the business
- Editor Desksides
- Manage and produce Global Education content development projects to reflect the needs of key stakeholders and markets for digital, classroom and in-store
- Makeup application for curated content
- Global Artistry & PR
- Seasonal Video Content
- Partner with E-Commerce and Digital teams for artistry direction
- Press interviews
- Product and Tools Development, ideation and feedback
- Product & Brand Launch events Globally – teaching Masterclasses and application demonstrations
- Provide expertise for instructional product marketing materials
- Research & Development
- Seasonal Video Content
- Trainings, Workshops & Masterclasses
- Work with PD/ Marketing / Creative at point of concept kick off to drive global launch success, inspiration and make up Artistry Direction.
He works around the globe.
Sharing his expertise and knowledge with brands and companies is a path that fell natural for Dominique as he gradually excelled in Beauty.
D'QUE a K-Beauty Brand , Consulting and being the face for D'QUE Official. Where creating new innovative products where his input excels from idea to end result.
Dominique joined the CRUSHXO team as the brand's Beauty Director. He is responsible for all the brand’s editorial looks and has been an integral part of the team and created many products for the Beauty brand.
Dominique was a part of the Multinational Cosmetic Brand Revlon's first Professional Department Squad. (consulting role)
He was the Global Director of Artistry for the iconic VL Cosmetics brand.
Dominique is a lead makeup-artist (chef de cabine, campaigns) for the International Fashion weeks and worked with multinational cosmetics, skin care, fragrance and personal care company Maybelline New York
He worked with CK- one color cosmetics (Coty) to launch and promote the brand across all of the U.S.A.
Dominique was the first beauty coach on the dutch version of America's Next Topmodel (H.N.T.M) season 1 and came back for it's 10th anniversary season.
His work has graced the pages of Elle, Glamour, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, Sport's Illustrated, Vanity Fair, Vogue Italia and Vogue. This Beauty Warrior goes beyond just makeup, and really peels the layers of who his clients authentic self are. The importance of connecting with them is crucial when Dominique starts working with you.
This is why celebrities want to get their makeup done by Dominique Samuel, why designers want him backstage at their fashion shows, and why cosmetics brands ask him to use their products. His attitude is relentlessly upbeat, his love for his craft is palpable and his enthusiasm infectious… oh, and he’s a social media maven! Building concepts and brand strategy development is one of Dominiques strong attributes, which is why he has his own Youtube channel @dominiquesamuel and his own series Downtime with Dom.
After assisting renowned makeup artists including, Pat McGrath, Charlotte Tilbury, Francois Nars, Peter philips, Aaron de Mer, Val Garland, james Kaliardos and many more, The Dutch-born New Yorker started creating low-key, natural looks for a wide variety of ethnicities. In addition to getting the likes of Yolanda Hadid, Carole Radziwill, Brooke Burke, Sara Sampaio, Romee Strijd, Chrissy Teigen, Gigi Hadid, Mariah Carey (to name but a few) red-carpet ready and prepping models for the catwalk or camera, he works as a creative director designing campaigns and as a consultant advising companies on the trends to come.
Samuel’s personal discovery of the power of makeup happened in a way that many readers, both male and female, can probably relate to: The magic powers of skincare, colour and scent revealed themselves at an early stage in his life.
“My grandmother is Indonesian, and still has amazing skin at 87,” he says. “She is truly the one that made me aware of makeup and brands. When I was sleeping over, I watched her get ready. She always used Helena Rubinstein and L’Oreal Elnett hairspray. I still love that smell!”
Consciously or unconsciously, we are influenced by the beauty regime of the women who surrounded us growing up. Those of us who wear makeup as adults will likely adopt some of the same brands and techniques – and for good reason. After all, we share their genes, so why not share their beauty secrets? If you don’t want to emulate a blood relative, seek inspiration with someone who has similar colouring, skin type and facial features. If you see your celebrity beauty idol looking stunning, it’s safe to assume the same style, colours and products will also work on you.
Dominique is known for his expertise and flexibility in creating the look that the editor or client wants. After over a decade in the industry, he has mastered the skill to read his clients needs and assess them in a way few can. Dominique's easy going and uplifting manner always put the models and clients at ease.
Alek Wek, Alexa Chung, Adele Exarchopoulos, Adriana Lima, alessandra Ambrosio, Alyssa Miller, Ana Ortiz, Ari Graynor, Bethenny Frankel, Brooke Burke, Carmen Ejogo, Carol Radziwill, Cassandra Grey, Chelsea Staub, China Chow, Chrissie Teigen, Christina Aguilera, Danielle Campbell, Doutzen Kroes, Duchess of York, Fabiola Beracasa, Bella, Gigi & Yolanda Hadid, Jenna Ushkowitz, Jennifer Finnigan, Jenny Mollen, Kate Moss, Kelly Ripa, Lady Gaga, Lindsay Lohan, Mariah Carey, Martha Hunt, Natalia Kills, Peaches Geldoff, Romee Strijd, Sara Jones, Sara Sampaio, Sarah Ferguson, Michelle Obama, Stacy Keibler, Stephanie Szostak, Susanne Bartsch, Tiffani A. Thiessen (to name a few).